I'm attaching a list of some of the resources that I use in my oral
history workshops.  I would start with the Oral History Association
website, since they set professional standards.

I'm not that familiar with the resources cited by someone else on the
list.  The "old guard" of the oral history community came out of the
American Folklore Society; Columbia (Ron Grele); UCLA; UC
Berkeley-Regional Oral History Office (Willa Baum), and the Minnesota
Historical Society.  I would be sure and check their sites.  SAA usually
offers oral history workshops at the annual meeting, and there is an oral
history section.

I strongly recommend Donald Ritchie's book, Doing Oral History, and the course on the Baylor University  Institute for Oral History
website.

Oral History Association (OHA), http://omega.dickinson.edu/organizations/oha/
Oral History Listserv   http://www.h-net.org/~oralhist/
"Oral History Evaluation Guidelines," 2nd edition, 1991.        http://omega.dickinson.edu/organizations/oha/pub_eg.html

Texas Oral History Association (TOHA), http://www.baylor.edu/toha/

Baylor University Institute for Oral History
http://www3.baylor.edu/Oral_History/

Basic Manuals

Willa K. Baum, Transcribing and Editing Oral History (Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press, 1991).

Thomas L. Charlton, Oral History for Texans, 2nd ed. (Austin, TX: Texas Historical Commission, 1985).  Also available
online at the Baylor University Institute for Oral History website.

Stacy Ericson, A Field Notebook for Oral History, 4th ed., revision by Troy Reeves (Boise, ID: Idaho Oral History Center,
2001).

Ronald J. Grele, Envelopes of Sound: The Art of Oral History, 2nd ed., revised (Chicago, IL: Precedent Publishing, Inc., 1985).

Donald A. Ritchie, Doing Oral History (New York, NY: Twayne Publishers, 1994).

Barbara W. Sommer and Mary Kay Quinlan, The Oral History Manual (Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press, 2002).

Texas Historical Commission, Fundamentals of Oral History: Texas Preservation Guidelines.

Valerie R. Yow, Recording Oral History: A Practical Guide for Social Scientists (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1994).

OHA Pamphlet Series
(http://omega.dickinson.edu/organizations/oha/pub_ps.html)
·       "Oral History and the Law" by John A. Neuenschwander, 2002. 3rd ed.
·       "Using Oral History in Community History Projects" by Laurie Mercier &
Madeline Buckendorf, 1992.

Good luck.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lesley
(Archivist and Oral Historian)

Lesley W. Brunet, CA
Manager, Historical Resources Center
University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
713-792-8220
713-563-3650 (fax)