Dear List:
I know that many out there are "collecting" blogs ( web logs) and I know that there have been sessions recently on the value of collecting them.   There is a big discussion here on the added value of having blogs cataloged as part of our online catalog of holdings.   I would like to know what sort of bibliographic control is given to blogs your institution "collects"?  Do your institutions create cataloging records on blogs or are the blogs described and offered as collections via your archives and special collections web access or are these listed and available in some other way at your institution?  Does your institution have collecting criteria concerning blogs and, if so, how is it administered?  Your indulgence of my inquisitive Monday post is much appreciated.

Sarina Wyant,
University Library-Special Collections
Univ. of Rhode Island, Kingston, R.I. 02881
Phone: 401-874-2594    Fax: 401-874-4608
Visit us at www.uri.edu/library/special_collections