I've never used or looked at Wikipedia although I have heard about it.
  Just by way of FYI, I thought I'd bring to the List's attention an
article about how Wikipedia handles history on the History News Network
in December 2004.

See
http://hnn.us/articles/8837.html
Also, be sure to read the comments, some of which are from teachers who
discuss the reliability issue.  See, for example, the comments from
Lisa Roy Vox at http://hnn.us/readcomment.php?id=49192&bheaders=1#49192
or
http://shrinkster.com/d0q.

Also take a look at the comments posted by another professor, Ed
Schmitt, at http://hnn.us/readcomment.php?id=49229&bheaders=1#4922or
http://shrinkster.com/d0p.  He discusses how he teaches Sources and
Methods and critical thinking.  He also posts some university links for
judging Internet information.

Maarja