You never know when interest may revive, however, and if you have any
sort of anniversary, yearbooks can be an invaluable resource.  I've used
yearbooks extensively for the 50th anniversary celebrations of the
College of Medicine- mostly for digital images of faculty action shots,
and student action shots.  I also have had numerous requests for
pictures from thus and such a year retirement celebrations, etc.

Nina S-R

>>> "Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.,             Curator of Historical
Collections" <[log in to unmask]> 03/20/06 8:50 AM >>>
I personally adore yearbooks. I actively collect them both at home and
at work. They're fun and useful. But if the students are no longer
interested, then there's no longer any reason to produce one. Sad but
true. Let it die.

FWIW

Eric (former yearbook editor)

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library
Lecturer, Center for Bioethics and Humanities
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210
<http://www.upstate.edu/library/history/> -- 315-464-4585
Owner, Gegensatz Press <http://www.gegensatzpress.com/>

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES