I was teaching a photograph workshop and I had a lady come in with what looked like to me oversized pins, like what you would wear on a jacket but about 5 inches in diameter and there were laid over a metal backing and were made for hanging on the wall. I told her to wrap them in acid free tissue and place in a acid free box but now I am wondering if there are any special preservation concerns I don't know about and has anyone else run across these before? Were they made later than the photos which seem to be about 1890? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Stacie Narlock
Head of Local History and Genealogy
Hoyt Main Library
505 Janes Ave.