I am hoping that the collective wisdom of this list on all things obscure can help me with this odd inquiry.

  I have a patron who is trying to purchase the DVD of the Carol Burnett Show that includes the sketch with Harvey Corman and Tim Conway where Conway playing a nervous substitute dentist accidently injects himself with novocaine in several body parts causing them to go numb and Harvey Corman (as usual) to break out in laughter and fall out of character.  I am sure someone out there remembers this all time classic skit--one of many on that show involving Corman and Conway!

  Apparently the Carol Burnett Shows have all been released on DVD (2-3 shows per disc) and are available for purchase, however, evidently the packaging is not very informative as to what each show contains (skits, music numbers etc.)  it just says show number, the date it played originally and maybe the guest star.  My inquirer wants to purchase the DVD that includes this Corman/Conway dentist sketch but doesn't know which show it was aired on and was hoping that the ADA Library might be able to help him identify it.  I got the question forwarded to me from the reference librarian who thought I might be able to help the member as I seem to know all things strange and trivial.  But I am stumped on this one.  I tried finding show listings on-line but couldn't find anything comprehensive.  Does anyone know of such listings or does anyone know what show this originally aired on--date or guest star or musical number or anything about it which might help me identify it.  I am thi!
 nking
 that it is in black and white so it mght be an earlier show but then again wasn't Tim Conway a later addition to the cast?

  I actually get questions regarding where to purchase copies of this show every once in awhile.  So it would be nice to know not only to help this patron but any future patron with the same question

  Andrea Matlak
  Archivist
  American Dental Association
  Chicago, IL