Thanks for the links, Maarja!  Here are some others people should read:

Arreguin, C. (2004). "Wikis". In  B. Hoffman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of
Educational       Technology. Retrieved January 9, 2006, from:

http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/articles/wikis/index.htm

Davis, Matthew. "Congress 'made Wikipedia changes'"  BBC News,
Washington DC. Thursday, 9 February 2006: BBC Newsfeed.

Lamb, Brian.  "Wide Open Spaces: Wikis, Ready or Not".  EDUCAUSE
Review, vol.  39, no. 5 (September/October 2004): 36–48.

These three cites are from a bibilography I compiled while gathering
information for my lecture on wikis that I give as part of the
bibliographic instruction sessions here at my university.  We use
wikis in bibliographic instruction to stress the idea of critical
thinking while doing research.

-Elizabeth Keathley