From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of E K
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: History News Network article on Wikipedia and Historians

Thanks for the links, Maarja!  Here are some others people should read:

Arreguin, C. (2004). "Wikis". In  B. Hoffman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of
Educational       Technology. Retrieved January 9, 2006, from:

http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/articles/wikis/index.htm

Davis, Matthew. "Congress 'made Wikipedia changes'"  BBC News,
Washington DC. Thursday, 9 February 2006: BBC Newsfeed.

Lamb, Brian.  "Wide Open Spaces: Wikis, Ready or Not".  EDUCAUSE Review,
vol.  39, no. 5 (September/October 2004): 36-48.

These three cites are from a bibilography I compiled while gathering
information for my lecture on wikis that I give as part of the
bibliographic instruction sessions here at my university.  We use wikis
in bibliographic instruction to stress the idea of critical thinking
while doing research.

-Elizabeth Keathley

the Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.