In case they haven't been mentioned before here are three sites that
help meet the needs of K-12 educators in the U.S. working on U.S.
history. I came across these sites while working on a Searcher magazine
article on the digital humanities that will be appearing May:

The Best of History Web Sites (http://www.besthistorysites.net), created
by Thomas Daccord, describes over 1,200 history sites of interest to the
K-12 education community.

History Matters: The U.S. Survey Course on the Web
(http://www.historymatters.gmu.edu), developed by the American Social
History Project/Center for Media & Learning, City University of New
York, and the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University,
was recognized in 2005 by the American Historical Association and the
New York Public Library as an exemplary site.

Digital History (http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu), a public-private
collaboration on U.S. history developed by the Department of History and
the College of Education at the University of Houston.

David Mattison, Private Records Archivist
BC Archives, Royal BC Museum Corporation
675 Belleville St., Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 9W2
Tel: 250-387-3401 | Fax: 250-387-2072
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Archives Web: http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca
Museum Web: http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
Caveat: Speaking for myself and not my employer