From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Taylor Richard
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Teaching History

Peter wrote:
>Well let me ask a question of this august group. Which
>English colony was the first one to be established in America?
>Plymouth Colony or Jamestown?

Popham Colony, Maine?

I suppose it also depends what you mean by "established" of course,
given
that neither Popham or Jamestown survived.

Best Friday wishes from the UK

Richard Taylor

=========================
Richard Taylor BA MArAd
Collections Access Manager
National Railway Museum
Leeman Road
YORK YO26 4XJ

Tel: +44 (0)1904 686289
Fax: +44 (0)1904 611112

SEARCH ENGINE - the NRM's new project to open up our hidden archives.
Find
out more at http://www.nrm.org.uk

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only
and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer
system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the
National Museum of Science & Industry. This email has been scanned for
all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES