Since today's Friday funny focuses on age, in a related kind of
inter-generational funny, this week's responses to my post about
wikipedia reminded me of a very wise article Douglas Adams wrote for
The Sunday Times in 1999, wherein he
stated:

"1) everything that's already in the world when you're born is just normal;

2) anything that gets invented between then and before you turn thirty
is incredibly exciting and creative and with any luck you can make a
career out of it;

3) anything that gets invented after you're thirty is against the
natural order of things and the beginning of the end of civilisation
as we know it until it's been around for about ten years when it
gradually turns out to be alright really.

Apply this list to movies, rock music, word processors and mobile
phones to work out how old you are."

The full article is really funny, as was most of the stuff Douglas
Adams wrote.  You can read the full text here:

http://www.douglasadams.com/dna/19990901-00-a.html

-Elizabeth Keathley