Re: spray coatings for pictures

The article refers to prints made from a digital camera but doesn't specify what type of print. Dye-sublimation, inkjet, spray jet, thermal transfer, etc. Each method produces images on paper differently and, I imagine, also degrades at different rates under certain circumstances.

This seems to be a rather informal article similar to many I've read in my local newspaper. At least I hope none of us considers storing an original print on a sun-saturated coffee table to be an archival solution :)  If the acrylic fixative is sprayed on a *display copy* made from someone's desktop printer (i.e., not the original) then I don't see the harm.

Jeff

Jeffrey V. Moy, Archivist
The Newark Museum
49 Washington Street