Students have changed though the ages....

I remember how some of them were during the  late 60s and early 70's

There were some of them that were really militant against school activities
I also remember how amazed my parents were at this...

Myself? I enjoyed shooting photos for the yearbook!

Now we look at the students... and they are of course different from our
generation was.... It is a constant state of flux. Who knows, someday it may swing
back to  'yearbooks are cool; but I suspect it will be in more of an
electronic form.

I always like to think of  Kirk in the star trek movie.... He has a copy of
tale of two cities... a nice leather bound book ... probably the only bound
book on the ship... the rest are all reading off tablets. I remember when this
movie came out I discussed this  with people and they said ... naw never!
well.... we are heading towards this. My generation still  likes to curl up with a
good book in an overstuffed armchair but.... many of our young visitors I talk
to garner most of their recreational reading from the Internet.

Ed Sharpe,  (still looking for  yearbooks with college and high school radio
stations in them)  Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at  www.smecc.org

> That said, Eric is right. If the students aren't interested in working on
> the yearbook, photographing for it, and (most importantly) buying it, then
> the yearbook has probably run its course, for better or for worse.

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at  www.smecc.org

We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library  - please advise if you have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.                          Phone    623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301  USA

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati, siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If  you are not one of the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any form.