2006-2007 NHPRC Electronic Records Research Fellowships

Archivists & Records Managers!
Time to start working on those proposals!!!!! 2006 Application and guidelines now posted. Submission date: June 15, 2006.

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) Electronic Records Research Fellows program, a collaboration of the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke and UNC University Libraries, is looking for its third class of Fellows! The 2005-2006 Fellows, Carol Choksy, Jill Katte, David Mitchell, Marcia Peri, Lisl Zach, Catherine Smith and Nancy McCall are well underway with their projects and will present results at SAA 2006. Presentations from the 2004 and 2005 symposia held at UNC are on our website at: (http://www.ils.unc.edu/nhprcfellows).

Again this year we are seeking archivists and records managers or teams of archivists, records professionals, and academicswith an interest in studying some aspect of electronic records to apply for these non-residential Electronic Records Research Fellowships. We will be funding 4 -$15,000 research fellowships this year. Please visit our website at http://www.ils.unc.edu/nhprcfellows for more information. This year's submission date is June 15, 2006. We will make funding announcements in late July and the 2006 symposium will be held at UNC-Chapel Hill in the fall.

Please contact Helen Tibbo at [log in to unmask] or Paul Conway at [log in to unmask] if you wish to discuss a possible project.

· This program is based on a previous one in Massachusetts; you can see the work of their fellows at http://www.masshist.org/fellowships/fellows.cfm?fellowship=nhprc.

-Helen

Dr. Helen R. Tibbo, Professor
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Tel: 919.962.8063
Fax: 919.962.8071