One option is to create what conservators call a "sealed package." Once
you've matted the photo, you sandwich the front and back matts between
plexi and tape the edges with plastic tape. Then you frame the sandwich.
Although it won't keep all the humidity out, it will slow the rate of
change within the package. The hope then is the humidity will enter slowly
enough for the photo to acclimatize and not curl.

I suspect that for a dessicant to be effective, you 'll have to create a
sealed environment anyway and you'd have to unseal it to change dessicant.
It might be more realistic to hope the photos reach stasis or change so
slowly as to mitigate harm.

Hope this is helpful

Diane Gutenkauf