Our library (opened in 1968) had a bomb shelter with large drums of water
and cartons of survival biscuits, as well as first aid supplies,
blankets, chemical toilets and toilet paper, etc. In 1968 when staff was
being drilled on survival, we were taken to the shelter and given biscuits
to taste. Let's just say that those biscuits were one of many good reasons
to be glad we didn't have to use the shelter!

In the late 1970s, the shelter was dismantled and the biscuits were given
to a pig farmer for the price of picking them up.