Please share with the list, as my co-workers and I are discussing our safety and security policies and procedures. While we have discussed this before, we are now gearing up to move into a new, much larger building. The size of our staff likely won't be growing, however.

One issue we're concerned about is what to do when the power goes off, as it does on occasion, and usually at the most inconvenient times. We have evening and weekend hours, and those seem to be the times the electricity is more likely to go off. Our practice, when it's later in the day, is to get people out and then lock up the library.

Thanks.
Laurie

Laurie Langland
University Archivist
Dakota Wesleyan University

[snip]
I have been charged with producing safety policies for our museum/archives/library.  Do any of you have policies in place that you can share with me electronically?  Any help, will be greatly appreciated.
[snip]