From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Laurie Langland
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Safety Policies[Scanned]

Please share with the list, as my co-workers and I are discussing our safety
and security policies and procedures. While we have discussed this before,
we are now gearing up to move into a new, much larger building. The size of
our staff likely won't be growing, however.

One issue we're concerned about is what to do when the power goes off, as it
does on occasion, and usually at the most inconvenient times. We have
evening and weekend hours, and those seem to be the times the electricity is
more likely to go off. Our practice, when it's later in the day, is to get
people out and then lock up the library.

Thanks.
Laurie

Laurie Langland
University Archivist
Dakota Wesleyan University

For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES