-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sir Arthur
Doughty
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Arcan-l] What would Hugh Taylor do?

Dear Archival Colleagues,

I invite you to attend the Association of Canadian
Archivists' Institute, "Archives in the Wake of Hugh
Taylor: Shaping Archival Programmes for the 21st
Century", in St. John's Newfoundland, June 26-27,
2006.

The Institute promises to be excellent. Inspired by
Canada's premier archival thinker, Hugh Taylor, this
Institute will offer participants an overview of how
archiving could be conceived and done in new ways. The
2006 ACA Institute will be led by two of my favourite
archivists, Dr. Terry Cook and Dr. Tom Nesmith, both
professors in Archival Studies at the University of
Manitoba. Participants will also receive a copy of
"Imagining Archives: Essays and Reflections by Hugh A.
Taylor"(2003, edited by Terry Cook and Gordon Dodds).

For registration forms and more information about fees
and accommodations, please visit the Association of
Canadian Archivists' taproot website at:
http://www.archivists.ca/prodev/aca_institute.aspx

If you have questions, please contact Ms. Denise
Jones, Chair of the ACA Education Committee, at:

I wish I could be there in person ... but I will most
certainly be there in spirit! Cheerio!

Yours Sincerely,
Sir Arthur Doughty