In a message dated 3/30/2006 12:04:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Date:    Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:37:07 +0000
From:    Linda Rothbart <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Paper copy of electronic only materials?

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_11389_1143657427_0

Hi...Should I make a paper copy of materials that are now only available in electronic formats?  For example, a trade association for years published handbooks, memberships directories, etc. in paper only....then paper and electronic....now only electronic.  Should we make a paper copy (acid free paper) of the electronic documents and keep it?  Your thoughts are appreiciated...Linda Rothbart
As part of my presentation at NARA's celebration of its 20th anniversary as an independent institution, "Ya Got Trouble (Right Here in River City)" I commented on some of the materiality aspects of paper vs. electronic records and how this might impact on the appraisal process in future, i.e., the possibility of including preservation of paper (acid-free for sure) versions of born-digital records. For you, and possibly others, the future is now. You will find the paper on the home page of mybestdocs. Comments most welcomed, on or off-list.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Barry
www.mybestdocs.com