From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Cat Holbrook
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Student Records

Dear List Members,
I work at a small community college in Boston. I am currently processing
the records of a program within the school curriculum that included
classroom work and foreign exchange trips. The records include many
types
of papers from the students such as exams, schedules, correspondence,
etc.
Some of these papers are valuable to the collection because they give
the
student's perceptions of the countries they traveled to.
Our archives program is just getting started and so I don't have a set
of
guidelines to consult as to what student records can be kept within the
collection and not restricted. I am removing any records with SS# and
home
addresses, but beyond that I need some guidance!

Regards,
Cat Lea Holbrook

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES