We have an interesting situation in our special collections department.  A "collection" of photocopies of a particular author's writings (primarily journal articles) has been created and maintained for a number of years.  These are not off-prints- just photocopies of the published article that he sends to us upon publication.  Over time, a colleague of mine has been placing the items in a box identified only by the author's name.  While I'm of the opinion to toss this "collection," there is reasonable argument for keeping the articles since they relate to our primary collecting focus.  My question, for those of you who've encountered similar quandaries (or who just have a good opinion!), is:  What's the best way for providing access to the individual articles within the collection?  Our cataloguer is adamant about not cataloguing the items individually, and I am wont to agree.  Additionally, we do not (currently) have a website for posting an electronic finding aid.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
tomaro

Tomaro I. Taylor, M.A., C.A.
Special Collections/Latin American & Caribbean Studies
USF Tampa Library
4202 East Fowler Avenue, LIB122
Tampa, FL 33620-5400
(813) 974-5750
http://titaylor.blog.usf.edu

Please sign up for the new, Florida-focused  "Latino Library Services" list: