This is so insane!  I really love Cage and his music, cry when I think
he's dead.  A really good reason for composers without heirs to put
their music in the public domain to keep this sort of idiocy from
happening.  This should have been transformative or fair use.  Now
people will be suing Weird Al next!

Or me for performing "Tacet" (the real name of the piece, for which I
bought the score from the music publisher) for myself, without other
audience.

I think what the Trust should have done was to contact Batt and say,
"Well, now that was funny, but how about making a small contribution
to the Trust for royalties?  Here's what the Trust does that you will
agree is valuable ...."

Arel Lucas
"Have Gloves Will Travel"