RAIN 060330
Records and Archives In the News is a compilation of news stories
related to records and archives management.

Saving county's visual history
Marysville Advocate - Marysville,KS,USA
... Skinner says that thanks to Cohorst's work almost all photos are
now stored in strong new storage boxes of archival material and are
further
protected by ...
<http://www.mvleadvocate.com/web/isite.dll?1143663183578>

POC WPIC Captures Innovation Award
Photonics.com - Pittsfield,MA,USA
... were given additional funding of $750,000 to continue developing a
data storage and retrieval ... s WPIC holds up to 20 years of medical
records, giving medical ...
<http://www.photonics.com/todaysheadlines/XQ/ASP/QX/article.asp?id=6273>

Compellent, ONStor combine SAN, NAS
Infostor magazine - Tulsa,OK,USA
... tiered-storage technology, Data Progression, doesn't require
data-classification
policies required by many information lifecycle management (ILM)
products.
<http://www.infostor.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=ARTCL&SubSe
ction=Display&PUBLICATION_ID=23&ARTICLE_ID=251514>

Business records to stay private
Tallahassee Democrat - Tallahassee,FL,USA
... "Florida's public-records law is suffering a death by a thousand
paper
cuts," Gelber said on the House floor shortly before his amendment was
defeated. ...
<http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060330/CAPITOLNE
WS/603300314/1010/NEWS01>

50 Boxes of Files in a Former Bowling Alley
Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription) - USA
... About a year before my retirement, Indiana's head archivist asked
for
my papers, but I had already promised them to Notre Dame. ...
<http://chronicle.com/free/v52/i30/30b01901.htm>

Reporter Embarrasses City Official, Arrest Threatened
North Country Gazette - Chestertown,NY,USA
... Recorder newspaper in Zanesville was threatened with arrest Tuesday
after she called City Hall and asked why discarded public documents
containing
confidential ...
<http://www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/032906ImproperDisposal.html>

Newspaper dated April 18, 1837 given to historical group
The Grand Rapids Press - Grand Rapids,MI,USA
... Commission archivist Kevin Finney was arranging items last week at
the Wyoming library's ... she looked over the paper, covered in
acid-free
archive quality plastic ...
<http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-28/11437350289094
0.xml&coll=6>

Art Dealer, Wife Face Criminal Charges
Boston Channel.com - MA, USA
... said. Friends of the State Archives, a charitable group, used Haley
and Steele to produce prints from scenes crafted by Paul Revere. ...
<http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/8359305/detail.html>

Ex-NSA Employee Sentenced for Keeping Classified Documents
WJLA - Washington,DC,USA
... no evidence Ford tried use the documents for anything malicious. It
was never established why Ford had the two boxes of computer records and
other files in his ...
<http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0306/314980.html>

More Fumo file deletions alleged
Philadelphia Inquirer - Philadelphia,PA,USA
... that the FBI had no right to seize records from senators ... seized
hard drives hold more than 550,000 files, many of which are e-mails and
attached documents. ...
<http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/counti
es/philadelphia_county/philadelphia/14218083.htm>

E-HEALTH RECORDS: COUNTING THE COST
Sydney Star Observer - Sydney,New South Wales,Australia
... It is important to note that we are not opposed to electronic
records
per se, nor is anyone proposing that we don't trial new technology in
the area. ...
<http://www.ssonet.com.au/display.asp?ArticleID=5222>

Repository of Placer County records gold mine for researchers
Roseville Press Tribune - Roseville,CA,USA
Most times, the surprises are pleasant. Visitors can find kernels of
historical
insight on who used to live in their houses. Or ...
<http://www.thepresstribune.com/articles/2006/03/29/news/lifestyle/01arch
ives.txt>

Tapping Reston's History
Reston Connection - VA,USA
... thought Reston would be a great example of that 40 years ago," said
Fletcher, an archivist for George Mason University's Special Collection
and Archives. ...
<http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=63577&paper=71&c
at=104>

University of Iowa restoring Coast's past
Jackson Clarion Ledger - Jackson,MS,USA
The University of Iowa's library preservation department is helping put
back what 12 feet of hurricane-fed water stole from a presidential
library
on the Coast ...
<http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060330/FEAT05/
603300357>