U.S. Archivist names Timothy Naftali Director of Nixon Library.  (These
announcements are made after careful coordination.  See what Richard
Norton Smith said about the consultation process, former Presidents,
etc. in Paula Span's article, posted at
http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/hsts507/doel/preslib.htm)

For the news story about Naftali's appointment, see
http://shrinkster.com/duu .  I don't yet see the press release on
NARA's external website, I'll link to it when it goes up.

Dr. Naftali has done a lot of work with the Kennedy tapes.  See his
articles about his work with the Miller Center on the History News
Network at
http://hnn.us/articles/21952.html
and
http://hnn.us/articles/10421.html
The second article links at the bottom to comments, including some from
me last year.  Dr. Naftali did not respond to them.

Google Dr. Naftali if you want to read more about his books, etc.,
sorry I don't have time to post more right now.

Maarja (former NARA Nixon tapes archivist, 1976-1990)