K. C. Johnson, an historian, posted a link earlier this week to Chris Lee's
Washington Post article on secrecy and the National Archives at HNN's blog,
Cliopatria.  I used that forum to post a number of comments, beyond the scope
possible here on the Archives List.  It isn't the ideal forum for me, as most of
the bloggers at Cliopatria are academics who have not used NARA much for
research.  They mostly lack a frame of reference for Federal records and seem quite
uninformed on archival or records issues.  Most of their blog entries center
on academic issues, campus news, current events.  Johnson, however, has worked
with the LBJ tapes, materials which derive from an old "donor-restricted"
Presidential Library rather than one where release is governed by the
Presidential Records Act.  Still, I was able to post a bunch of staff at Cliopatria..
For anyone interested in my assessments of the challenges NARA faces on
transparency, what to tell researchers, please see
http://hnn.us/blogs/comments/23889.html .