Richard Cox writes:

I urge  all archivists to write to the Society of American Archivists to
demand that  our professional association create an independent body to look into
what is  going on in this case, as well as reconsider how NARA can be
strengthened as  an archival agency in this era of growing government  secrecy.

The National Coalition for History has been urging much more visible
Congressional oversight of NARA for a long time and indicates that the Allen
Weinstein would welcome that. I think it would be in NARA's interest to receive  more
such high-visibility Congressional oversight. So perhaps we should be
voicing our interests in NARA's well being to our Congressmen and its TTHUD
committee that we were urged to contact in support of NHPRC's  budget.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Barry
_www.mybestdocs.com_ (http://www.mybestdocs.com/)