Sorry, somehow I ended up with some double pasting two passages in the
message I just sent. Apologies for the aggravation that may have caused anyone.
Also, I'm not sure the pdf link to the GAO report works.  I think that doubled
somehow, as well.

To read the Desert Storm report, go to the GAO home page at
http://www.gao.gov and type in GAO/OSI-95-10. Or the title of the report which is Investigation
of a U.S. Army Fratricide Incident.  I'll try to post the pdf link one more
time:
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1995/os95010.pdf