May Day

In light of May Day and the "saving our archives" call to action, I am just writing to get examples of what people have been doing to get ready for a "disaster".  Let me describe our environment and see if people have examples of what we can do, or maybe some suggestions of what would be good project for disaster awareness.  We are a Records Center mostly, with a small area for archives in the Midwest, Kansas for that matter and so weather is of course an issue, especially tornadoes.  We are located in the basement/mezzanine area and so we would be the place for people in other agencies to come in for protection.  That raises a security issue.  How should we keep security in regard to HIPPA.  Of course a lot of the people that come in here for shelter would have no idea what would be in particular boxes, but the security of the information is still a concern.  Another question would be what type of things should be carried in a "emergency kit" involving disasters such as water damage and other things of that nature.  This is just to get examples from the list to see what others are doing for this day.....you can post to the list, and hopefully I will get some good suggestions, and maybe it will help others out to.......

Jim Crawley-Records Management Assistant

Sedgwick County DIO/IT-Records Management Services

Sedgwick County Courthouse / 525 N. Main / Wichita Ks, 67203

316.660.9849 Fax 316.660.3274

mailto:[log in to unmask]

www.sedgwickcounty.org

"Sedgwick County...Working for you"