Maarja, thank you for your interesting comments on the operation of
federal contracts. My own personal belief is that outsourcing is a
viable option when the over-riding public interest is in efficiency,
cost reduction, and improved service delivery. In this particular
instance, the primary public interest is in striking a balance between
national security concerns and the public's right to know. That's a
public trust which, in my opinion, should not be outsourced,
particularly to a contractor which would have an over-whelming bias
towards the national security/non-disclosure outcome.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution & Stores
(FREDS)
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Portland OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741