For the Associated Press story on NARA's briefing and release of its
reclassification audit report, see the item which just has been posted:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060426/ap_on_go_ot/archive_secrecy_1

Or http://tinyurl.com/j849a

This interesting AP report draws on additional, new information, as it
relies on internal NARA documents reportedly released by NARA to AP
under FOIA.  These show concern expresed by archivists as early as
January 2003.  That would be mere weeks after my sis, Eva, died.  I do
wonder what she would make of all this, if she were alive and still
working in NARA's declassification division.  In earlier years, I often
discussed with her the battles we faced in another part of NARA in
trying to handle properly Nixon's tapes.  Eva, like most archivists I
know, including my friends in the unit which we present and former NARA
people refer to as Declass, was very ethical, honorable and level
headed.  After she died, an employee of another Federal agency wrote us
that Eva never hesitated to speak her mind but still made outsiders
welcome.  Yep, that would be Eva!

Maarja