From: Judy Koch [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 1:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exhibit lighting

We are installing a built-in exhibit case in our museum and my director wanted me to ask about the correct lighting. The installers wanted to put in bare fluorescent bulbs.  I am new to the field but the basic course I took said that fluorescent wasn't good because of the UV rays; would filters for fluorescent lights or incandescent lights be the preferred way to go?  Sorry for this basic question but I have to know the answer before 3:00 today.  We will be exhibiting textiles and a large musical instrument, among other artifacts, in this case.  Thank you.

Judy Koch
Membership Coordinator
Collections Manager
Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center, Inc.
300 North Main St
Jamestown, NY  14701
Phone: (716) 484-0800 Ext. 213  Fax: (716) 484-1018

The Mission of The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center is to preserve and celebrate the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter.

El propósito del Centro Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz es el conservar y celebrar la herencia contribuída por Lucille Ball y Desi Arnaz al patrimonio del mundo: la fuerza saneante procediente del cariño y de la risa.