"Dean DeBolt" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 05/04/2006 03:52:58 PM:

> Try scanning the slide, and then print the scan on a transparency
> (these film sheets they
> use for overhead projectors.   You can them cut that to the size of
> the lantern slide and
> see if you can display that as a “pseudo” representation of the
> slide.   You can put masking
> tape around it to simulate the frame…

Another interesting suggestion!

> Or do you have any lantern slides which you have as “objects” rather
> than for their archival
> Importance?

No, or I'd put them out.  I'm going to be rooting through my duplicate
photo pile early next week to put out examples of our real prints, glad to
finally have a real use for them after so many years of putting out laser
print copies.  People aren't going to know what to do with a real
photograph in one of our cases.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dean.

Jacqueline Haun
Archivist, The Bunn Library