MoMA Archives Move & Closure Clarification

The Museum of Modern Art Archives recently sent notification that we will be closing to the public on June 1, 2006, in order to prepare for our move to our new Manhattan facility this Fall.  As an addendum to that notification, during the months that we are closed, a moratorium will be in effect for all reproduction requests involving new digital photography.  In other words, requests for reproductions of Museum Archives material that has not been previously scanned will not be fulfilled until we reopen in November.  Researchers must submit their requests for reproductions to SCALA / Art Resource prior to May 15, in order to ensure that they will be fulfilled prior to the moratorium.