	-----Original Message-----
	From: Archives & Archivists
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy C Schindler
	Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 12:37 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Reference Statistics

	Our University Libraries are considering purchasing Reference
Desk Tracker (http://www.referencedesktracker.com/
<http://www.referencedesktracker.com/> ) for use at the reference desks
in each library. We are looking at the product and wondering if it could
be customized to be a viable tool for tracking statistics in special
collections and archives. If anyone on the list has experience with the
product (either in special collections and archives or at a library's
general reference desk), I would appreciate hearing your impressions of
the product particularly in handling the more complex statistics one
might keep in special collections and archives.

	Thank you,

	Amy Schindler

	Amy C. Schindler
	Curator of Manuscripts
	M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives
	University at Albany, SUNY, LE-355
	1400 Washington Avenue
	Albany, New York 12222
	518-437-3934
	http://library.albany.edu/speccoll/
<http://library.albany.edu/speccoll/>

	A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List sponsored
by the Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org. For the terms
of participation, please refer to

	To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
[log in to unmask] In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname
lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail to

	Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface
at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html

	Problems? Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt