From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Elizabeth Tobey
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question about Digitizing Reel-to-Reel Tapes

Dear All,

I am working as a Project Coordinator for the College of Education at the
University of Maryland on researching and writing an online history of the
College.  One of the retired faculty members lent us some old reel-to-reel
tapes of lectures by former faculty that we would like to digitize so that
we can include sound clips on the websites. We don't have the budget to be
able to send the tapes out to be digitized, so I have to figure out how to
do this myself.  I have the tapes and a working reel-to-reel player, but so
far, have not figured out what software/hardware I need to be able to
digitize these.  Do you have any suggestions on how this can be successfully

done?

Best,

Liz Tobey, Project Coordinator
Landmarks and Legacies History Project
College of Education
3115 Benjamin Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1121
(301) 405-2340
http://www.education.umd.edu/CollegeHistory/

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES