?
I just got asked this question by an organization whose 'capsule' had failed.  As I understand it, the archival standard for time capsules is not to do them - leave the material in the care of a professionally staffed archive.

If you MUST time capsule - there are 'white papers' and guidelines on the net, and companies happy to sell stainless steel containers and epoxy.

________________________________

From: Archives & Archivists on behalf of Robinson, Cassie
Sent: Tue 5/9/2006 5:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Time Capsules

The small college at which I am employed is creating a time capsule to be opened in 2106. A member of the time capsule committee asked if I had any recommendations about an "archival standard" for the project. Does anyone have any insight about this?

Thank you in advance,

Cassie Robinson

Cassie M. Robinson
Liston B. Ramsey Center for Regional Studies
Mars Hill College
Box 6706
Mars Hill, NC 28754
(828) 689-1262 voice