Hello -

We are converting several rooms in Robert Todd Lincoln's home into
archives space. The rooms were the former staff's bedrooms. We are going
to completely clear 2 rooms(12 x14) before moving Lincoln related books,
ephemera, paintings into the space. These rooms are on a second story
(third including basement). We have an engineer coming to examine load
bearing issues. What are our best resources for creating a suitable
environment without a complete retrofit of the building. We would like
to simply retrofit  a few rooms. I would like to know about: creating a
sealed environment through interior storm windows and new interior
doors? interior paints/shellacs for sealing a space? How about portable
climate control devices for spaces?

Any help would be great.

Brian L. Knight
Curator