Dale,

As vice president of SAA, I have recently finished filling appointments on
committees and other appointed groups for the coming year.

In recent years, SAA has posted a self-nomination form on its website
where individuals can let us know if they have an interest in working for
an SAA group.  This form has helped us "find" people such as yourself when
we need volunteers to fill committee vacancies.  While appointments have
been filled for the year, there is always next year!  I would encourage
you to keep an eye out for news of the self-nomination form later this
year, after the annual meeting.  At that time, you should review the list
of positions that need to be filled and indicate which ones are of the
most interest to you.  This will help a great deal in matching your
interests with SAA's needs.

While we are no longer accepting self-nominations, you can learn more
about the process at the following links:

http://www.archivists.org/membership/volunteer/ (for information on the
process)

http://www.archivists.org/membership/volunteer/AppForm.asp (to see the
form)

Thanks very much for your interest in helping SAA with its many volunteer
needs.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth W. Adkins, CA
Vice President/President-Elect