From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joel Minor
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Position Available - 2nd posting

University Archivist and Records Manager

The Albert B. Alkek Library at Texas State University ­ San Marcos is
seeking qualified applicants for the position of University Archivist and
Records Manager. This new position is responsible for establishing and
administering the University Archives and Records Program at Texas State and
reports to the Assistant Vice President, University Library.

RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop and oversee the university-wide records management
program and establish collection development, processing, and collection
maintenance policies for the University Archives. Update and maintain the
Universityıs records retention and disposition schedules. Promote the
records management program within the University community. Provide
reference and instruction services for the University Archives. Engage in
professional activities in accordance with Texas State Universityıs
standards for promotion for professional librarians.

QUALIFICATIONS: Required: ALA-accredited Masterıs Degree. Previous
experience in archival administration and/or institutional records
management in a university or college environment. Demonstrated knowledge of
archival principles and practices. Familiarity with archival description
standards. Program development experience.  Problem solving and
decision-making skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to effectively use computer hardware and software. Preferred: Two or
more years of professional experience in archival administration and/or
institutional records management.

SALARY AND BENEFITS: $32,400-$51,276 depending on assigned rank based on
qualifications and experience. Available hiring ranks for this position
include Assistant Librarian, Associate Librarian and Librarian. Advancement
in rank is available through the Librarian Career Ladder. Benefits include
monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement
program. No state or local income tax.

Texas State: www.txstate.edu/ <http://www.txstate.edu/> Texas State
University ­ San Marcos, the largest campus in the Texas State University
System, is a doctoral granting university located in the burgeoning
Austin-San Antonio corridor. Its location on the banks of the San Marcos
River provides recreational and leisure activities throughout the year.

Texas Stateıs 27,171 students choose from 115 undergraduate, 84 masters and
6 Ph.D. graduate degree programs offered by seven colleges (Applied Art.
Business Administration, Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Health
Professions, Liberal Arts, and Science), the University College, and the
Graduate College.

Application Information:

Apply online at http://www.humanresources.txstate.edu/
<http://www.humanresources.txstate.edu/>

Texas State University ­ San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Texas
State, a member of the Texas State University System, is committed to
increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and
professional positions.

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES