Delightful colleagues,

I am currently working with a high-tech Fortune 500 company to develop
a corporate archives program. We are still in the early stages and are
just now beginning to reach out to departments to discuss transfers of
records. As you might guess, a significant portion of the records that
we need to accession are of the digital sort (photos, Microsoft Office
documents, PDFs, webcasts, and so on).

The Corporate Affairs department, with which the Archives is
affiliated, has been making some basic use of WebWare as a place to
put digital assets to be shared with the rest of the department
(executive portraits and biographies, PPT presentations to
shareholders, etc.). Our Archives Manager has requested that I find
out what systems other corporations are using. Before we commit our
files, we wish to consider whether WebWare will be the best tool for
our needs, or if there are other products that may serve us better.

If your organization is using a digital asset management system, may I
ask what it is? And if you have positive or negative opinions to share
regarding it? And if you are also using WebWare, how has that been
working out?

I think responses would be better directed to me personally, unless
the list clamours to know who uses what. I will consider posting a
summary of what I learn, but this will depend partly on whether
respondents are willing to have their comments shared with the list.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Michele Wellck
(415) 586-4683