From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Aaron Kornblum
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Time Capsules

Another thing to do is a combination of everyone's suggestions, keep the originals in the archive or in an environmentally safe-indoor location and, if a time capsule is wanted or required, bury photocopies of everything in the time capsule. Surely, the information the papers contains is more important than the age or type of paper the information is placed on? (and after being in a time capsule for a couple years, the papers inside the capsule should have an authentic look and feel to them anyway....)

Aaron T. Kornblum, Archivist

Western Jewish History Center

Judah L. Magnes Museum

2911 Russell Street

Berkeley, CA 94705

Tel: 510 549 6950 x356

Fax: 510 849 3673

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

 <http://www.magnes.org/> http://www.magnes.org (Judah L. Magnes Museum webpage)
 <http://magnes.org/collections/wjhc.html> http://magnes.org/collections/wjhc.html (Western's webpage)

Please visit the Western Jewish History Center and the Judah L. Magnes Museum online to see a listing and description of our current exhibitions and public programs!

  _____