Thank you to all who replied to my question about these strips of negatives.
They apparently represent the uncut negatives from 35-mm rolls of film, 36
exposures each.  Almost everybody suggested that we purchase a roll of
polyester sleeve material to cut to fit, and two people kindly sent me URLs
or other specifics of some suppliers of this material as follows:

Print File http://www.pfile.com/cgi/cart.cgi?db=continuous_rolls.db
<http://www.pfile.com/cgi/cart.cgi?db=continuous_rolls.db&search=+35mm+Conti
nuous&method=phrase> &search=+35mm+Continuous&method=phrase

Picture Pocket http://www.picturepocket.com/archival/02.htm

Electron Microscopy Sciences
http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/photographic/negative.aspx

Vue-All https://www.vue-all.com/categoryNavigationDocument.hg?categoryId=12

Adorama http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist
<http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Filing/Storage&cat2=Fil
m%20Sleeves%20In%20Rolls&sid=11483418091289883>
&cat1=Filing/Storage&cat2=Film%20Sleeves%20In%20Rolls&sid=11483418091289883

Arel

Arel Lucas

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott Campus