Barbara, I agree with your wisdom in originally restricting those parts of the collection, but now I
think that enough time has gone by to allow lifting the restrictions. I'm assuming that those grant
apps are no longer going concerns and that the peer-reviewees whom the scientist dissed have now
gotten on with their lives and have grown thicker skins. Open it up!

> I am reviewing a finding aid I created almost 20 years ago, and I would like input into term length for some restrictions I had put on some files. The restrictions are of two kinds:  pre-publication reviews of articles and site visit reports for grant applications.  The collection is that of a scientist who was active with various professional groups. As such, the scientist was asked to participate in peer review for several journals and the articles and her comments are in the collection.  The scientist died in 1987 and the Archives received the collection at her death.  At the time I processed the collection, I was leery of making those recent reviews and site visits public, but it seems to me that after more than twenty years, these no longer need to be closed.

Cheers!

Eric

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library
Lecturer, Center for Bioethics and Humanities
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210
<http://www.upstate.edu/library/history/> -- 315-464-4585
Owner, Gegensatz Press <http://www.gegensatzpress.com/>