Barbara,

At the Archives of American Mathematics we have a ton of these referee files for
pre-published materials. We have based our policy on a decision made by the
Joint Archives Commtitee of the American Mathematical Society and the
Mathematical Association of America: We restrict anything identifying the
referee of an article for 30 years from the date of creation. I think most
referees write their reports with the understanding that they will not be
identified to the author. Thirty years seemed like a good compromise between
those who wanted the material restricted forever and those who wanted it
available to all right away.

Kristy