Please excuse cross postings:

OH Great Knowers of All Things Odd and Arcane

I have a lovely collection of silk fair ribbons from the 1920s that need numbered.  The ones that have cards on the back or holes in the tops are going to be fairly easy to handle.  The ones I'm needing help with are the ones without cards or holes.  I can't sew the number on because of shredding, I can't adhere anything because it's a textile, and pencil isn't working.  Suggestions?

Thanks for you help
Nikkie

Nikkie Cooper, Curator
Fort Morgan Museum