Position announcement - Media Archivist - National Baseball Hall of Fame Library

The National Baseball Hall of Fame Library invites applications for the position of Media Archivist.  The successful candidate will have a balance of archive and preservation skills relating to recorded media collections.  The Media Archivist is responsible for the care of all recorded media collections, providing access to the materials, and assessing materials for preservation and conservation concerns.  In addition, they work with personal and commercial customers to supply footage for various projects with deadlines. An understanding of copyright issues as they pertain to recorded media is essential.  Familiarity with relational database software, such as MS Access, is highly desirable.  The Media Archivist works with a team of archivists and librarians to provide best practices, access, and reference to all patrons.

Education: Masters Degree in Library and Information Science, Public History or Recorded Media Preservation is required.

Experience: 2-5 years of increasing responsibility in the field of archives, preferably in the area of recorded media

The position will be open until filled.  Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and the names and addresses of at least three professional references to:

The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
Director of Human Resources
Attn: MA
25 Main Street
Cooperstown, NY 13326

Anne L. McFarland
Director of Archives and Special Collections
National Baseball Hall of Fame Library
25 Main Street
Cooperstown, NY 13326

v. 607.547.0350
f. 607.547.4094
http://baseballhalloffame.org
Experience http://www.baseballhalloffame.org today , your online home for everything Cooperstown:

* Participate in our Hall of Fame Fantasy Camp;
* Shop in our Online Museum Store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
* Receive Inside Pitch, our free E-Newsletter;
* and much more