or perhaps I should say Anti-archival.  This is from Thomas Hood (1799-1845), British poet and humorist.  Came across it earlier this week, and just wanted to share.

"'Lives' of great men oft remind us as we o'er their pages turn, / That we too may leave behind us —  Letters that we ought to burn."

As a professional archivist, let me officially disclaim any endorsement of the advice given herein (harumph, harumph!!!).  But just between you, me and the keyboard, I’m guessing there are times we all wish someone had taken these words to heart.

A. H. Haeberle