Diana:

You might want to look into "BACE: The Basics of Archives Continuing
Education" program.  See the Council of State Archivists website for
further information: http://www.statearchivists.org/arc/bace/index.htm
<http://www.statearchivists.org/arc/bace/index.htm>

Description from the website:
The Basics of Archives Continuing Education (BACE) program provides
training materials designed to introduce individuals who have
responsibility for archival collections -- but may never have received
formal archival training -- to the basics of archives.

Taking the BACE course will not make anyone an archivist. Instead it is
intended to make participants aware of the responsibilities and
obligations that historical records programs accept when they bring an
archival collection into their institutions. Ideally, the BACE program
will connect professional archivists with those intelligent, hard
working, and well meaning individuals who care for historical records in
local institutions.

This related description is from the AASLH website:

Developed in cooperation with COSHRC, the Michigan Historical Center,
the New York State Archives, and the Ohio Historical Society, and with a
grant from IMLS. Participants proceed at their own pace through this
online workshop that covers the basics of archives management and
practices including acquiring collections, processing, housing and
preservation, and providing access.

You can download student and facilitator workbooks from the CoSA site,
and your state archivist should have a CD available for your use.

Your State Archivist, Mary Beth Herkert, also developed a nice "Basic
Records Management Training" PowerPoint presentation and workshop for an
IIMC training session some time ago.  With her supporting materials,
this work might be adaptable to an online training program in RM.

Hope this helps...and good luck!

Paul R. Bergeron, CA
City Clerk
229 Main Street