A professor here is a member of an international polio survivors group (post-polio.org).  There would like to have their medical and historical records regarding polio epidemics and rehabilitation digitized and made available worldwide.

They would like to hire a consultant to help design the online archives and a web-architect to work out server and other hardware details.  He has asked me for assistance in locating companies and/or individuals.

I am not sure whether he should try to locate vendors who do this type of work first or if it would be best to hire a consultant first.

If anyone can advise us on the best course of action, we would greatly appreciate it.

Beth S. Harris

Special Collections Management Librarian

Wyndham Robertson Library

P. O. Box 9000 ; 7950 E. Campus Drive

Hollins University

Roanoke, Virginia 24020

Ph: (540) 362-6237  / Fx: (540) 362-6756